Search Engine Optimization is a combination of activities and techniques that aims to maximizing page visibility and connecting visitors with more relevant content. In other words, SEO is the process of improving the volume or quality of traffic to a web site from search engines via "natural" or un-paid (meaning "organic" or "algorithmic") search results.
Nine key steps to effective Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
What are your goals? What’s needed to reach them? How will you determine success?
- Content quality and accessibility
Users want it. Search engines need it and surely search marketing success demands it.
Know your customers, who are they? What do they need? How’d they search for it?
Make contents user desire and will want to share: create phenomenally useful content that will delight visitors while answering their queries.
Build usability and high quality design and features into your site: Craft a high quality user experience (design, layout, navigation) to promote positive usage signals. Providing a great user experience should be part of your marketing plans.
Ensure all content is accessible across devices and particularly to search engine crawlers. Search engines can’t rank pages that they can’t crawl.
Make it easy to access deep pages in as few clicks as possible.
- Unique text content
- Bot accessibility
- URL structure
- Internal link architecture
- Server response codes
- Keywords research and Targeting
You need to know and use the terms searchers use. Research main keywords using various tools, analytics and competitor analysis, Choose keywords that search engine users are likely to use to find your content.
Develop structure for keywords on each page, place important keywords suitably on your pages in important areas like page title, URLs, body content and image alt attributes (where possible)
Optimize each page for main keywords. Write unique content that is related to each of your chosen keywords, focus on 2-3 keywords per page.
- Keyword brainstorming
- Term/phrasing selection (take advantage of trending topics and hot searches)
- On-page targeting _Titles, Metas, URLs, H1s, Text, Internal anchor text
- Submission of website
- Search engines
- Link building and off site SEO
Create direct link references to content internally on your own site and from reputable, high quality external sources. (Place internal links to and from each page using appropriate keywords)
Links tell search engines how popular your content is.
- link analysis
- Manual request and link creation ( link to relevant sites and blog)
- Scalable, content based link strategies
- White-hat link building
- Contextual blog posts, unique content link marketing, authority site links
- Social media marketing
Integrate with social media efforts, Earn positive activity on platforms like Facebook, Twitter & Google +1. Increased exposure attracts more subscribers, fans, friends, followers and links.
- On-site user
- Engagement features social media and also viral marketing
- Video creation and marketing
- Brand building
- Patience and Improving
Search marketing is a long term process. Overnight success is extremely rare. Keep improving, Search engines take time to update links and keywords.
Without analytics, how will you know what’s working and what’s not?
- Web analytics (Analysis ranking and traffic)
- Basic on-page analysis
- Content analysis
- Competitor analytics
- Client’s keywords analysis
- Tracking, Reporting and Adjustment
- Monthly plan performance analysis
- Regular site health checkup
- Ranking track every 7th day
- Plan modification if needed
- Detailed reporting to client