E-Commerce is the process of using the Internet or computer networks in order to buy or sell information, services, or products. It does not only refer to the selling of physical products, it can also refer to the selling of services where payments for the services are made online. As a general rule an e-commerce website is a website where a transfer of funds is completed electronically - hence e-commerce.
E-commerce websites are found everywhere in today’s web and remain one of the top ways to enhance consumer interaction, in fact, it has become the preferred method of shopping for a large number of consumers. We can expect a favorable outcome in E-commerce business when there is a proper promotion of the products, delivery of the orders in time with secure online transactions.
The main benefits of e-commerce to the merchant
- Overcome Geographical Limitations
- Gain New Customers With Search Engine Visibility
- Lower Costs
- Locate the Product Quicker
- Eliminate Travel Time and Cost
- Provide Comparison Shopping
- Deals, Bargains, Coupons, and Group Buying
- Provide Abundant Information
- Targeted Communication
- Remain Open All the Time
- Create Markets for Niche Products